I was sure she was gone forever - certain that someone had puppy snatched her right out of my life for good. I have never been so happy to be wrong. I got the call about 5 PM this afternoon - someone had Carmen. They picked her up in the Wal-Mart parking lot, three miles from my house. Did I want to meet them and pick her up?
Oh my. I have never been so excited to go to Wal-Mart.
She was so skinny, and certainly looked like she'd had a rough week, but now she's home!!! She's had a bath and one crazy big dinner and now she's sleeping on my bed. She already looks more like herself, though it may take a week or so for her to get back to normal. I don't even care that she's peed in my house three times already.
And the kids... oh, they are so happy to have their puppy back. Thanks to all of you for you kind thoughts and prayers. I have no idea how a six month old puppy as small as Carmen survived on her own for so long. I'm certain she was prayed to safety on more than one occasion. :)