Friday, September 18, 2009

Feeling better, and some randomness.

So, I can almost say I feel like myself again. Now I just feel like doody do because that's how you feel when you're early pregnant, not because I'm overwhelmed with feverishly awful flu. I'm crawling my way back to normal, catching up on laundry and reading blog posts like nobody's business.

Sickness makes you dream weird. And so does pregnancy. Combine the two? Man oh, man were my dreams funny. First of all, many of them stared Dora the Explorer. Because when I was dozing on the couch, she was on in the background. Do you KNOW how annoying that is? It's not as if I don't feel like I already get enough of Dora the Explorer when I'm conscious. Did she really have to invade my dreams as well?

The most vivid dream involved me spending a weekend at Pioneer Woman's house, and having her husband tell me I'm a big pansy cause when I rode horses growing up, it was always in an English saddle, doing totally girly things like show jumping. Apparently you must be roping steer to really be considered a horseman. Or woman. Or, whatever. It was a dream. I don't know what it meant.

I hate school fundraisers. Do I really need to buy wrapping paper for $12 a roll? Now that I have three kids in school, I'm boycotting all PTO fundraisers. I'm thinking instead, I'm going to send a donation to the school, with a nice letter saying I'm happy to support them, but I refuse to fill my house up with crap in order to do it. They'll get more out of my money if I hand it to them directly anyway. The school gets more money, and I don't feel guilty. We all win. Except the kids, who still think the world is coming to an end because they won't get to attend the ice cream party for selling eight things. Meh. We'll go to dairy queen on the way home from school.

You know the movie Good Will Hunting? The girlfriend in the movie, named Skylar, played by Minnie Driver? Totally based on a real person. Skylar was Matt Damon's college girlfriend at Harvard. They dated for two years, and then she left him so she could marry the drummer for Metallica. Oddly enough, Minnie Driver also became Matt Damon's girlfriend for a time. But she didn't marry the drummer from Metallica. They parted ways amicably. I learned that on the Biography channel.

I think Matt Damon's pretty awesome, but I like him more because he went to Harvard. Not just a pretty boy, you know?

Tonight, I am learning how to make the best lasagna that I have ever had, in the history of all lasagna. I'm not exaggerating. I'm very excited. I won't share the recipe, because then the person from whom I'm learning might kill me. But I will tell you about the experience. I'm thinking the secret is in the cheese...

So, just a heads up... blog changes are coming. I'm working with a blog designer that is totally awesome. I'm pumped. I'm excited. I can't wait for you to see it when it's done.

A few nights ago, at the conclusion of family prayer, we all opened our eyes to see Jordan standing in the middle of the room, hula dancing. Um, yeah. I have no idea. My first impulse was to chastise him for disrespecting the act of praying by jumping up just before the amen to start dancing. But the sheer hilarity of it all kept me from doing so. It was so uncharacteristically Jordan, we just laughed. And laughed, and shook our heads. I love my kids.

the end.