Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Television is SO unrealistic...

One afternoon, Henry was watching an episode of Dora the Explorer. Jordan came walking in and watched for a few minutes.

"It's so stupid," he commented. "They could never jump from the ground all the way up to that branch in the tree. It's totally unrealistic."

Funny, that while watching a show full of boot wearing monkeys and talking maps and backpacks, it was jumping into the tree that had Jordan questioning the realistic integrity of the show.

We all do it though. Just a few nights ago, Josh and I watched Peter Jackson's version of King Kong. It's a ridiculous movie, but the special effects are fun, and it has Adrian Brody in it. I love Adrian Brody. So we're watching a giant gorilla carry around fragile little Naomi Watts, and you know what I struggled with? It was the middle of winter, and Ms. Watts was wearing nothing but a little sheath of a dress. No coat, nothing. And yet, while standing on the top of the Empire State Building, looking into the large brown eyes of the gorilla that loves her oh, so very much, she's not even shivering.

I couldn't believe she didn't even shiver. I mean, how realistic is it for her to be all the way up there, on top of a building, when there's snow on the ground, and not even be cold?

It's no matter that she was up there with KING KONG. I mean, he's totally real, right?

2005_king_kong_71