(Be sure to read to the bottom. You might win something!)
So, last week I received Harry Connick Jr.s new CD, Your Songs, in the mail. It sat on my counter for a couple of days, and I decided I really loved it.
Then I thought I should probably listen to it, you know, to establish a real opinion about the music and what not, and not just it's lovely appearance sitting on my counter. But wait, not yet. Just one more...
Okay. Now I'm done.
Your Songs is a compilation of classic songs that we all know and love - The Way you Look Tonight, First Time Ever I saw your Face, Can't Help Falling in Love with You, and many others. When sung by the ever talented Harry Connick Jr., it seems like a no fail formula. Indeed, the CD is lovely. It's the kind of music that makes you want to put on a fancy dress and a string of pearls and go dancing at a fancy restaurant. (Not that I would actually have any idea what that feels like. For me, it's probably more like dancing around the kitchen in pajamas and fuzzy socks while giving my husband a haircut. But that's not really relevant. The music makes me feel like I SHOULD be out dancing.)
Though it isn't the kind of music I would listen to every single day, there is definitely a place for it in my musical rotation. It's feel good music. It's late at night, relaxing music. It's I miss you music. It's I'm all alone and I want to feel better music. And it's one hundred percent music that you can listen to with your kids around. (Did you hear that Jason Mraz? Yeah. More than one song on your album that ISN'T child friendly. Could have used a warning on that one.)
My only complaint, which isn't actually my complaint, but one from my Spanish speaking husband, is that Mr. Connick's Spanish is less than stellar when he sings Besame Mucho. Apparently his B's are a little too heavy. Pish posh. As far as I'm concerned, he can say his spanish B's how ever the heck he wants.
As for my Mother, who previewed the album with me, she feels it would have been much better had it been recorded while Harry Connick Jr. sang to her, in her kitchen. Can I make a formal request for that? Hello? Anyone? Harry, are you there? She has a very nice kitchen. I promise you'd enjoy your visit...
At any rate, the CD is now available for download on Itunes and for purchase at any music retailer near you.
But wait! Would you like to win won? I wasn't asked to do a giveaway, but since I have not had one in who knows how long, I think I'd like to. If you would like to win your very own copy of Your Songs, leave me a comment and let me know. This Thursday, I'll randomly pick a winner and send one along... for FREE! But not my copy, cause goodness gracious, I don't want to part with mine! You'll get your very own, still shrink wrapped and stickered with those little plastic strips along the side and top that are so obnoxiously annoying and hard to get off. Cause you know, what's life without a little bit of adventure?