Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hello? Hello? Is this thing on?

Heh.

So, it was a lovely Christmas.

New Years? Not so much. Stomach bugs? Um, they stink. Feel free to take that quite literally.

What? You don't want details. All right then. I'll spare you. Just know it's been gross. Lots of barfing and... oh, right. You asked for no details.

So, we're all better now. Mostly. And happily settling back into the routine of life. I've got post ideas in my head... one for Mormon Mommy Blogs, where I'll be contributing once a month... and many  more for this here lovely spot. This post? Not one of those ideas. It's just words comin' on out, cause it's been a while since I've written any.

In and amongst all the sickness, we did actually manage to have some fun. We took the kids to Folly Beach, SC just outside of Charleston where they all decided that even though it was but a mere 55 degrees outside, they still wanted to play in the ocean. Crazy, I tell you! Crazy! But a little cold never hurt anyone, and they were oh, so adorable...

DSCN0774

Only the little guy smartened up in the end. Or maybe his Mommy decided purple toes were not cool.

DSCN0777

When we weren't freezing our toes in the water, we met some highly entertaining wildlife...

DSCN0753 

DSCN0798 

DSCN0749

And then we got smart and put some coats on.

DSCN0797

In defense of my nutty children, it did get much colder after our first day there. I don't think they would have played in the water when it was a blistering 25 degrees outside. It doesn't generally get that cold in Charleston. Maybe we took the cold with us... since there has certainly been enough of it around here.

See? In the very same December folder in my pictures file, there are pictures like this...

DSCN0695 

DSCN0704 

DSCN0691 

DSCN0686

While I was not tempted to get into the frigid waters of the Atlantic, I must say this sledding action made me very jealous. I couldn't risk it though... while all the kids experienced generally smooth sailing... I would have been the one to belly flop. And I'm thinking my baby girl (GIRL!!!!) in utero probably wouldn't have appreciated that much. So I stood at the bottom and took pictures.

So onward and upward we go. There is much to do this January season. I've thought little of resolutions. I will simply keep on keepin' on, trying my best and hoping it's good enough that not too many around me suffer more than necessary.

More to come soon. Perhaps even tomorrow...