So, I know that somewhere out there, there is probably someone I don't know that looks a lot like me. It's bound to happen, isn't it? There's a girl on the local news here in town that looks exactly like Reese Witherspoon. Really. They could be sisters.
I'm used to having a sister that looks a lot like me. Or, maybe I look like her, since technically she came first. I didn't see it so much when we were younger, but the older we get, the more moments I have when I catch a glimpse of my reflection and see Inkmom through and through.
Two weeks ago, I went to church in her home town for the wonderfully sweet baby blessing of her new baby girl. I walked into church wearing her dress, since our maternity wardrobe has always been shared, (We're lucky this has always worked... our last two pregnancies have begun six months apart. Any closer, and we'd have to divide it up, which wouldn't be fun, since her contributions to the wardrobe have always been way better than mine.) and she told me she had to look twice, wondering what she was doing showing up to the meeting, when she was already there.
I do think it's weird though when total strangers will tell me I'm a dead ringer for their sister/cousin/daughter/friend, whatever. Really? Someone that looks just like me? Do they have short legs like I do? A big rumpus? Hair that isn't curly, but manages to somehow not be straight either? I mean, these are important questions...
I often wonder, if I were to come face to face with one of these random "dead ringer" look alikes, would I see it myself? Would I look at them quizzically and think, "Huh. Something about that total stranger seems familiar..."
Alright. Enough nonsense. All this rambling is actually supposed to lead up to a picture... because a few months ago, at a little bookstore in South Carolina, I met a kid that looked so much like Jordan, it made the hair on my arms stand up. I kept staring at the kid, until finally I approached his poor mother, who probably thought I was some sort of a weirdo and explained my fascination with her son. She was really nice... even let me take a picture.
Want to see it?
I knew you would.
First though, my own brown eyed boy...
Ok, seen enough? Now look at this kid.
I swear, if you scroll through them fast enough, it looks like the same kid.
Please tell me you see it... I'm not crazy, right?
(Oh, hush. You know what I mean. I KNOW I'm crazy in general, but that's NOT what we're discussing.)