It isn't that I can't GET to sleep. It's the staying asleep that's been difficult. I mean really... how does one maintain any level of comfort this pregnant? But it's okay. I can do anything for four more days. FOUR!
Even if that means getting up and writing blog posts while the birds start chirping and the sun comes up, instead of sleeping. Or laying in bed pretending to sleep, which is generally all I can muster after about 5:30 AM. Actually, this morning I heard a bird before the sun had made even a sliver of appearance. It was one tentative little chirp, that lasted about ten seconds and then it was over, and all was quiet for several more minutes. It was probably a young bird, still inexperienced in the ways of early morning chirping that just couldn't keep himself from bursting forth with song. Until he realized he was the ONLY bird singing. I bet he felt stupid then. His little bird friends will probably make fun of him for hours. Kind of like when you're singing a hymn at church, and everyone else heard the chorister say you were only going to sing one verse, but you missed the memo, so you started singing the second verse... all by yourself.
So, I mentioned that we were doing some grading in our backyard in an effort to, well, turn it into an actual yard and not just weed filled woods. This means that a giant piece of machinery has been hanging out in our driveway. Lucky for us, the driver of said machinery happens to be a family friend so yesterday, he let all the kids take a turn operating the controls and driving the thing around the yard. Even Lucy had a good time. Henry was the funniest though. When he climbed down and walked back to the house after his turn, I asked him if he had a good time.
He answered in the deepest, toughest sounding voice his little three year old self could muster, "Oh yeah! It was tool!" I could almost see the testosterone oozing from his ears. S0. Lest you had any doubt, heavy machinery makes boys happy.
I took pictures, but seeing as how it's still not quite 7 AM, I'm not up to posting them at the moment. That would require me to, you know, get up and walk over and get the camera. And it's really just TOO early for that. Maybe later. If I don't sleep all day. Because while nighttime sleeping alludes me, I can snore my way through an afternoon hour or seven on the couch without ANY trouble at all.