Saturday, May 29, 2010

Conference Closing

On the eve of my departure, I look back at the two days spent here at the Casual Blogger Conference.

The classes have been educational, the entertainment notable. But what I cherish, above all else, is the knowledge that all over the country, there are incredible women... smart, talented, funny women that are just as amazing in person as they are online. These women are my friends - friends that I've only just met in person, but still feel like sisters that I've known and loved forever.

A reporter from a newspaper here in Utah asked me if it was worth the trip, to travel all the way from NC for the conference. I answered without hesitation that it was. I'm not sure anybody but a blogger can understand why it's worth it. But these women? They get me. They validate my efforts, they support, they uplift. They make me feel valuable.

And who doesn't love feeling valuable?