Monday, December 13, 2010

Sisters

This picture? This is my sister. That baby in her lap? That's me. 



I love this picture. I love that she's looking at my tiny baby fingers. I love the look on her face and the clip in her hair. I love this picture because it was the very beginning of us. 

And I love us. 

This picture? This is Lucy holding Ivy. 



I love this picture. I love the look on Lucy's face and the clip in her hair. I love that the baby looks just like the baby in the picture up there. The picture that is me. Because she is mine and she is me and my girls will be there for each other just like my sister is there for me. 

(This all makes me a little emotional. Can you tell?)

I love sisters. I love old pictures. I love babies. 

The end.

****************
In other Monday news, my awesome blog friend Carrie got hit in the head or something and decided that I deserved to be featured on her blog. I realize I just posted something else like this on Friday, what with the whole Friendly Friday thingydoofloppy, but that was about blogging, and this, this is a little more special. Mostly because even though I've never met Carrie I consider her a dear friend and am so honored that she would feel inclined to mention me at all. If you feel so compelled and have nothing else to do with your day, you can read her questions, and my answers by clicking here. 


And while you're there, take a click around Carrie's blog. I LOVE the way she writes - she is real and honest and has marvelous perspective. If you feel like reading a love story, click over to this page and read Carrie's series of posts that led up to her tenth anniversary. It'll make you happy. I promise.