Friday, January 7, 2011

Acknowledge Him

It seems like every News website and television channel is currently brimming with information about the man with the golden voice... Have you heard the story? If not, you can learn about it by watching these videos on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6kI_u3ho_c&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWG6zNf4xY0&feature=topvideos

I think it's a great story. Everyone deserves a second chance, and this guy has been nothing but humble when it comes to why his circumstances are what they are, and what he ought to do differently this time around. I watched an interview yesterday where this man was asked how he was going to stay grounded when things were happening for him so quickly. And they are happening quickly - everything from job offers to television and radio interviews, to countless other perks and advantages.

Do you know what he said? (Forgive my paraphrasing.) He said that in the past, whenever he had successes in life he never acknowledged God. He never said thank you for the things he was given, for the blessings in his life. But now, he has found a deeper sense of spiritual awareness and he knows that at every turn, he will say, Thank you, God. In all things, he will acknowledge Him. He will say thank you for this, and forgive me for that. Because of this, he knows that when success finds him this time, he will be alright.

I don't know this man. I don't know how successful he'll be. But to his newfound philosophy on life, I give a wholehearted Amen. I hope that he will be able to move forward and find joy and happiness in life without getting any of the dirt of Hollywood under his nails.

Proverbs 3: 5-6: Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.