Have you ever stepped on a Lego? I'm certain it's one of the most painful experiences any parent could endure. They don't look dangerous, but scatter them on the floor of a dark room where a parent is set to walk through barefoot, and oh my, the expletives you might hear!
The other night, when I went in to say goodnight to my boys, I walked right through a pile of freshly disassembled Hogwarts Castle Lego pieces. Oh my, how those tiny turret pieces hurt when pressed into the bottom of your foot! I muttered and grumbled and then said to my boys, "BOYS! You will not eat, sleep, walk, play, or even breathe until these Legos are picked up. That, or I will NEVER come in and tuck you in again. This is a warzone. And I shouldn't have to go to battle every night just to kiss your head!"
I really did say all that. I was a little mad. And well, my foot hurt, okay?
A few minutes later, the boys called me back to their room lamenting because the point of having Legos is to play with Legos and it's not like they left them in the living room. They were good and kept them in their bedroom just like I always ask, and they even kept them all in a pile and it would be silly to pick them all up when they were just going to build the castle again tomorrow and just why did I have to be so mean?!
I sighed. I guess I was mean. And really, they were right. Legos in their bedroom don't generally cause a problem. And so I told them as much. I overreacted and was absolutely willing to admit it.
Then Sam looked at me, face lovingly sincere. "Mommy," he said. "Did you just lose control of yourself and let the anger take over?"
Yes. Yes I did, Sam.
(He he he, ho ho ho!!)
Love that boy. Oh, so much.
And now, how about a selection of mediocre in quality but adorable in subject photos of the baby... all taken with cell phones so, you know, no great expectations, okay?

