Sunday, March 27, 2011

Servicemen Sunday: Don


to read the Why of Servicemen Sunday, click on the button above.

Today's Sunday spotlight makes me happy. See, I went to high school with Kim and Don. I didn't know then that they would get married and have a little boy cute enough to be in a magazine, but oh, how perfect it seems now. I hope you'll read a little about this sweet family and then take a minute to say Thank you. 

Servicemen's Name: Don

Branch of he Service: United States Navy

How long? 6 years

Deployed? Deploys this September

Kids? One son, named Sawyer, who is 1.

What is the best thing about serving in the military? Don says, "Knowing that my family is taken care of by the wonderful benefits and retirement plan the military has to offer."

The hardest part? Definitely the separation from family.

When dealing with separation/deployment, what do you to to make it easier? Kim says, "I let Sawyer listen to tapes we recorded of Don reading children's books."

What does Don like to do in his spare time? Relax and spend time with his family.

And Kim? She says, "I don't have any spare time! Ha ha. I enjoy spending time with my family, being outside, and shopping.



Thanks Don and Kim, for all you do; for your willingness to serve and your dedication to our country. I'd hug you both if I could.