When I first toyed with the idea of starting Servicemen Sunday posts, my Sunday spotlights on members of our armed forces, I immediately knew who I wanted to spotlight first. Terry and Casey were high school friends of mine - high school sweethearts that got married, started a family and settled into the ins and outs of army life. I loved them both when we were in school. I knew it wasn't much, but I hoped that my post would be a small way to say thank you to Terry for his service. I let Terry preview the post. He only asked that I change one thing. He requested that instead of asking my readers to thank him for his service, that they thank his wife and daughter as well. He could never do what he does without them, he said.
This morning I learned that Terry, a Chief Warrant Officer in the Army, was killed in Afghanistan. His wife, Casey, six months pregnant, and their daughter Ava, could surely benefit from your prayers.
I'm not sure I knew anyone in high school that was as genuinely kind as Terry. In a time of life when many are spiteful and selfish and trivial, Terry was always polite, always respectful, always so very kind to everyone. I am so sad that he is gone and my heart is broken for his family.
Please pray for Casey, Ava, and baby Leila, and all of the friends and family mourning the loss of this wonderful man. And then, hug your loved ones a little tighter today, okay?
**********
You can read the Servicemen Sunday post featuring Terry and his family by clicking on this link: