Thursday, April 7, 2011

Stuff I'm Loving: A Post in Pictures


Seriously. How could I start a post with a picture of anything but her? She took her first steps this week. Be still my mother heart...

*********

Yesterday, I bought and enjoyed a watermelon. It was $6.98 for one that was smallish... but oh, how I paid that money willingly. See, watermelon is my absolute, no questions asked, even better than chocolate, favorite food in the whole wide universe. I LIVE for summer time when I can keep watermelon in my fridge, cut up and ready for devouring at all times. Praise be to Mexico who is sending watermelons to North Carolina where it is not yet warm enough to be growing them ourselves. I'm a happy camper because of your warm, watermelon growing climate...

*********
You remember when I posted about Ramona's Inspired Creations and asked you to please, oh please go and check out her amazing stuff? In the post, I mentioned a pair of earrings that I loved, and what should show up in my mail this week but 

those. very. earrings. 

See? I've been wearing them since they arrived and love them just as much as I thought I would. Ramona, you rock my world. 

With Mother's Day coming up, it might be good to visit Ramona and all my sponsors in yon sidebar area. The Vintage Pearl has some necklaces that are perfect for the Mom in your life. I would love it if you could shop from those that so willingly support Rising Star Outreach and little Karl through their sponsorship. Cause I love Karl. And remember, you can always help support him too. 

*********

The Dance, by Five for Fighting... LOVE, LOVE this song. Click. Listen. Be happy.

*********

And finally... I BOUGHT A CAMERA! I figured my family had been picture deprived long enough, so I went, I bought, I love. I debated about how much to spend. My budget was smallish... Did I want to get a budget friendly point and shoot right now, or keep saving for a fancy dancy SLR? Then my brother asked me a pretty pointed question that helped me figure it out.

"Do you really care about aperture or shutter speed? Are you ever going to want to learn what those things actually are?"

Um, pretty much no. I'm thinking I'm just not an SLR kinda girl. Point. Shoot. I'm good with that. (At least for now... when being budget minded is much more powerful than my desire to learn a new skill.) So I bought THIS ONE. I'm pretty sure my pictures aren't works of art. But they aren't blurry either, so mission accomplished. Tis proof below... See how happy we all look?






*********
Holy frizoli... one more finally. My husband just came home for lunch. And WHAT did he happen to have with him? My early birthday present. I've already taken it for a 4 mile test spin and OH MY is it AWESOME. Josh said he wanted me to have ample time to get used to it before my race in June, hence, my birthday three weeks early. Know what I have to say to that? Yeehaw!


I realize I said this post was all pictures. But I'm completely incapable of being wordless. I've tried. It just can't happen.