Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I realize I'm biased. These mountains have been my home for as long as I've had a home. They are loved simply because they are what I have always known.

But this time of year, when the colors are at their brightest, when the sky seems the most blue and the oranges and reds on the trees literally take your breath away, I find myself frequently amazed that this is where I live. This beautiful, incredible amazing place that draws visitors and vacationers all year long is quite literally, my back yard.

In less than an hour's drive, I can be here:


Or here:


Or here:
Blue Ridge Parkway Tunnel
Photo credit Here
We could do this all day, really. There are countless beautiful places close by.



Even closer to home, as in, on the road that you drive to get to my house, you still get amazing views:



I get it. I get that I don't live in the only pretty place on earth. There are beautiful places everywhere. But here? This place speaks to my heart.