So, I live in a pretty small town with limited options available for health care. For this reason, I drive an hour to a bigger town to see my OB-GYN. I know, an hour is sort of a long way to travel, but it's always been worth it for me. It's closer to where all of my family lives, which helps when it's baby time, and my doctor is absolutely fantastic. And, since I don't really EVER go into labor, there is little risk of baby coming before we actually arrive at the hospital.
One of the perks of making the trip is that my lovely friend Destinee lives just five short minutes away from my doctor's office. She is always willing to keep Henry and Ivy while I run up for my appointments. It's so convenient to leave them with her, and an absolute treat that I get to spend a few hours with her afterwards before making the trip back home. Last time I was there, I emailed her before hand and asked if she would snap a few quick photos to document my pregnancy. I have very few pictures of myself, pregnant. This being the last time around, I wanted to make sure I had a few good pictures - a way to remember that, WOW, my body can do hard stuff.
After my appointment that day, we talked and talked until suddenly, I was supposed to leave in just twenty minutes. Destinee hurriedly moved her kitchen table into the living room so we could take advantage of the light in her kitchen, then she took a few pictures. It was fast, it was easy, and then I was out the door to race back home in time to pick my kids up from school.
With so little prep time, working in the corner of her own kitchen, I'm amazed at what Destinee was able to do. I've already shared a couple of pictures from the shoot, but for posterity's sake, here they are, all together.
I'm just over 30 weeks in these pictures. I've grown a much bigger belly in the four weeks since then. I'll share another current update sometime soon. Five weeks from Tuesday is the big day... April 10th. (I know, I know. It's sort of cheating that it's planned, but if my body is going to insist on c-sections, then I should at least get the convenience of a nice and tidy schedule, yes?)
Thanks Destinee, for these beautiful photos. I would love you as a cherished friend even if you never picked up a camera, but oh, how wonderful for you to have a talent that you so readily share with others.






