I am so OVER you.
(Yes. Yes she is sitting in the baby's exer-saucer thing. No, I have no idea why she climbed in. And yes, that is baby powder.)
****************
Last night I hated social media. Regardless of who won and who lost, of who you did or didn't vote for, there is never any justification for nastiness. I voted for Romney. When it was clear, he wasn't going to win, I visited Ann Romney's Facebook page. She's walked a hard road the past year, and has put up with quite a bit of negative attention. After all was said and done, my intention was to send her a brief thank you. I was mortified at the comments that were already showing up on her page. Filth, vulgarity, outright mockery. It wasn't good. Of course, I know there were things being said about President Obama by those who did not vote for him that were equally offensive. All over the internet, on every form of social media, hatred spewed forth. Why? Why when any respectable person would never encourage a child to push over a player on the losing team of a basketball game, then spit on him and call him a name, is it alright for grown ups to do so, in the name of politics? It alludes to another problem--the brazen right we feel the anonymity of the internet gives us. Surely people wouldn't behave in such a manner in person... or would they?
My guy didn't win the election. I wish he had. But I am far more concerned with the apparent lack of humanity that exists among the citizens of this nation.
So yes. I hated social media last night. But then when Ivy got into this mess, I decided I should like it again. Because pictures and messes this good? They deserve to be shared.