Friday, October 5, 2007

Internet paranoia...

So it only takes reading one story of another blogging mommy somewhere that had pictures of her children stolen off her blog or out of her online photo galleries and posted on other people's websites. Now, really. That's just creepy. Why claim children that aren't yours? So anyway, even though my photos are nothing spectacular, I still don't want others claiming my children. (that assumes that there are other people that read my blog, and even though there aren't but a handful... okay, maybe 2 0r 3... that read it now, you just never know. I may be famous one day.) That said, I have applied my elementary photo shop skills to watermark my pictures. It's basic, but the experts say it may deter someone who doesn't feel like developing the expertise to go in and remove watermarks from deciding they want to take pictures from my blog and put them somewhere else. Can you just imagine running across another blog or website and seeing pictures of your own kids?! I'm wondering if I ought to start referring to my children in code. Hmmm. Got any suggestions for what I should call them?