Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Classic Lines

Sometimes, my kids say things, that for posterity's sake, I have to write them down. So, I'm writing them here, and you get to read them. Or have to read them... depending on how you look at it!

On Saturday, I was cleaning the toilet in the kid's bathroom. What a glamorous job. Sam came in and asked me what I was doing. I told him that I was cleaning the pee of the floor behind the toilet. He laughed and said, "Oh... that'd be my fault. Sometimes I just have terrible aim!"

On Sunday, I was spoon-feeding Jordan, who has been sick with the flu, chicken noodle soup while he lounged comfortably on the couch. He looked at me, with glazed eyes and fever flushed cheeks, and said, "You know, I think it's kind of fun being sick. You get to skip school, and church, and everyone does everything for you!" (he's right... I did do everything for him. Until this morning, when even though he is feeling better, he still asked to have his oatmeal fed to him) His comment reminded me that right before Henry was born I was secretly excited about the fact that for 48 hours, I got to lay in a hospital bed, sleep whenever I wanted, have my meals brought to me on a tray and not wipe a single nose or a single bottom, or read Dora the Explorer's Scavenger Hunt one single time.... sad when having a baby actually gives you what feels like a break!

Not too long ago, I had a conversation with my kids about what they wanted to be when they grew up. Jordan said that he wanted to be a soldier, a monster truck driver, and a construction worker. Sam echoed his brother, putting special emphasis on monster truck driver. Lucy, on the other hand, wants to be a ballerina and a princess, and a doctor. I think she might have thrown in the doctor thing because she knows someone is going to have to support her monster truck driving, construction worker brothers.