Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The horse is back

So the first time there were renegade horses in my yard, I thought, "Hey, this is kind of exciting. Look kids, horses!" Then I took the horses home, and everything was fine. But one of those horses... he keeps coming back. Every day. I mean, seriously? What do you do about a problem like this? The neighbors insist that they are trying to fix the fence so that he stops escaping. They also say they are trying to sell him because they are tired of his trickery. On the plus side, we haven't had to cut our grass in a while. (I am amazed at how quickly one animal can graze through an entire acre of grass.) But even still, I'm terribly tired of him leaving large piles of 'a word that I cannot use because I have children but I promise I'm thinking it' in my yard!! It's also not very safe for my kids. I guess since the horse owners aren't responding, I'm gonna have to call animal control. I mean, there have to be laws against this, right?

Okay, here's an update. Yesterday, I noticed that our horsey friend was also visiting the yard of another neighbor... one who is retired, and spends A LOT of time paying extra special attention to his grass. Josh made the comment that I shouldn't worry... this other neighbor would certainly take care if it, in record time, no less. Sure enough, this afternoon, I watched the county sheriff pull in to his driveway, fill out a report, and then venture over to the offending party's home (probably the most action our good county sheriff has seen all week). We haven't seen the horse since. You know, sometimes I complain about said retired neighbor who loves his grass so much. He's constantly reminding us not to drive on his grass, not to walk on his grass, probably not to breath on his grass. But today, I am especially grateful for his diligence... and his stalwart defense of our horse poop free neighborhood.