Monday, November 26, 2007

It worked! It really worked!

It's been 7 months since baby number 4 was born, and I have officially lost all my baby weight. That doesn't mean I don't still have um, not-baby weight that I couldn't stand to loose, but it at least feels good to have gotten off the extra. Or at least the extra extra. I still have some extra. It was just already there before so I can't blame it on the baby. The reason I share all of this wonderfully embarrassing information is because my mommy curviness has suddenly required a new kind of denim. I have always been an Old Navy jeans person. They worked. They fit. They were cheap. I was happy. But now, however my body has changed from being a Mom, they just don't fit anymore. The cut? Wrong. The amount of stretch? Wrong. So I began my search for the perfect pair of blue jeans. (this is hard for me because all searching must be done online. We have no stores here... except Wal-mart. The closest mall is over an hour away... and even if it were closer, I think I would rather wear garbage bags than have to go shopping with a seven month old, two 4 year olds and a 6 year old.)

I found this website, http://www.zafu.com/ that asks you all kinds of crazy questions about how your jeans normally fit, what problems you have (does your waist band gape? too long? fit in the bum, but not in the waist?) and what style you normally like. Then, they recommend jeans that they think will fit you, and why. They do recommend some ridiculously expensive blue jeans, but they also recommend several that are in a more reasonable price range as well. I took their recommendations (several of which I never even knew existed), went to eBay and paid a fraction of what I would have for a new pair, and wound up with several pairs of jeans that I would definitely consider perfect. At least for my own bum. So, there you have it. It works! And now I am a much happier denim clad mommy and thrilled that I was able to look outside the old navy box.

And now, though it has absolutely nothing to do with blue jeans, I'm gonna post a video of Sam, just because he is oh, so cute. He's been sick lately, with this terribly wicked week long fever and cough thing. We got him up late last night to take his cough medicine... this is the conversation we had after he took it: