Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Because life can never be too exciting...

Lucy gave herself a haircut yesterday.

She walked in to the kitchen and said, "Look Mommy! I cut hair off of both sides of my head!"

Yes. Yes you did!! (I said with shock and horror masked by a fake smile and a singsongy voice)

The hair that was now level with her eyeballs wasn't so bad... but what do you do with the hair right in front of her ears that is literally less than an inch long? Suddenly she looked like a little boy from the eighties with a really bad mullet. Sort of like this one:




We hastened our way to a local salon where I begged for them to bestow mercy on my daughter's mangled locks...

They did what they could, and we all tried to stay optimistic. But, really, they didn't have much to work with. The best they could do is make it look like we gave her a bad eighties haircut on purpose. And not just by accident. I sent my Mom a picture right after we had it cut.

She tentatively said, "Is this the BEFORE picture?"

Ah, well. Hair grows.

If I sit her down and fluff up her layers and pull her hair forward to cover up the really short pieces right in front of her ears... this is the best we can do (believe me... this is really the very best we can do... when she isn't posed, she really does look like John Stamos in his Full House days):



And this is how she'll probably wear her hair for the next six months...