So, I've been listening lately to Beyonce's song, "Halo." I'm generally not an R&B type listener. But I like this song. It's got great rhythm. So I listen, the kids listen. We all sing along and sound like complete and total goof balls. It's a grand old time.
The other day, after the song finished up, Lucy asked me who the singer was talking to.
"What do you mean, Lucy?" I ask.
"Well," Lucy says. "She keeps saying hello. Who is she talking to?"
Hello? She keeps saying... hello? OH!!! She's singing Halo. And you think she's saying Hello.
Oh, man. We really ARE southern, aren't we.
"Hay-lo, everyone. How are ya? Hope yer havin a great day in this here part of the woods!"
Next time I see you in person, I'll be sure to say, "Hay-lo!!"
(if anyone ever hears a member of my family actually utter hello in this manner, will you please hit me up side the head? Really. I'm southern all the way, but sounding southern and sounding like an idiot are two entirely different things!)