This is the third album I was asked to review last week, and I saved it for the very last. Because I LOVE this album. Love it as in, just kicked any and everything off my ipod to make room for it. Love it as in, I already know all the words, even though I've only had the album a week.
John Ondrasik is the outstanding singer/songwriter/lead man of Five for Fighting. Five for Fighting produced well known hits such as 100 Years, and Superman (It's not Easy). Their newest album, Slice, is a collection of great songs - songs that tell stories, lyrics that reach into your heart and make you say, "I totally feel that way. I GET this song." Or at least, I do.
Notes to an Unknown Soldier... an anthem to all the soldiers, sons of Mrs. Someone... we don't know their names, but we know they are the best men we could ever know. The lyrics ask, "Were you so tall? Did you play basketball? Was there a sweetheart at home?" I love the message of this song.
Slice... a great song about how life used to be. The Dance... a love song that makes me teary eyed every single time I hear it.
I wish I could play every single song for you, because I love every single one. Have I said that already? Really. I do. You can watch the video for the album's first single, Chances, on you tube. Just click on the link below.
Five for Fighting - Chances.
The album is available for download on Itunes and on Amazon, or available for purchase wherever else you buy music. Trust me. You want this album. It will make you happy.
And it will make ME happy to give you one. Leave me a comment and tell me how you feel about Five for Fighting. Never heard of them? Recognize a few songs? Love everything they've ever done? On Saturday evening, I'll randomly pick a winner from among the comments and send you your very own copy of Five for Fighting's Slice. I figure I love it so much I would absolutely have purchased it had I not gotten my copy for free. So, instead, I'll buy one for one of you.