It isn't that I don't want to blog. Really, I do. I think the problem is all my extra energy is being sucked into the creation of a human being, leaving me nothing extra for anything else... like writing, or cooking, or regular showering. My poor family is suffering in more ways than one.
There is light at the end of the tunnel though. I'm nearly through the rough weeks. Really, most people are through the rough weeks by now. But my babies like to make me miserable a little longer than normal. So very sweet of them.
I went to the doctor today... not my regular doctor, but another in his practice. He's an exceptionally skilled surgeon, or so I've heard, but from personal experience, I've learned he isn't always the most tactful. While searching for the heartbeat, the doctor looked at me and said, "Well, you're far past the miscarriage stage so it looks like you're going to have to raise this one."
Um, well, that's what I was hoping for, so thanks for that really awesome observation.
The only thing that made the hour long drive to my doctor's office worth it was getting to hang out with my awesome friend Destinee. She took care of Henry for me during my appointment, entertained and fed me all afternoon, then sent me home with home made soup and fresh bread for dinner tonight. Yeah. I totally scored in the friend department. I love her.
Oh, and the other thing that made my day awesome... while I was waiting in the lobby at the OBGYN, another Mom came in with her adorable baby - five months old. Lucky for me, she had to fill out some paperwork so I graciously offered to hold her sweet baby while she finished up. Oh, was he so cute. He snuggled right into my shoulder and smiled this huge smile, and batted these amazingly long eye lashes... seriously, they reached all the way up to his eyebrows. It was therapeutic. I knew then that maybe I did have it in me to persevere a few more weeks.
Do you ever get really overwhelmed when you open up your blog reader and you see an outrageous number? 91 new blog posts? Good grief, how am I supposed to keep up? Here lately, I haven't been. There are just too many of you that I've decided I want to read, and not near enough hours in the day to get it done. Aside from clicking "mark all as read", what do you do when your reader is overwhelmed? I'm thinking I need a new system. Or maybe I just need to cut down on how many blogs I read, shaving off all the but the ones I love the most? I don't know. What do you do?