So, blog giveaways make me tired. They didn't used to. They used to just be simple little "leave a comment" and you might win type deals. But now? Good grief, the list of things you have to do to enter is longer than my grocery list. Sadly enough, it's made me stop entering. If I can get one complimentary entry by leaving a comment, I will. But if it comes down to following, twitty tweetering, blogging about it, and other such nonsense, I generally think, "Meh." And then I click away.
I totally get the reason for the extra entries. I mean, something generally awesome is being given away FOR FREE! Is it really so much to ask readers to help spread the word a little bit? I don't know that I necessarily think there's anything wrong with it, but still. It makes me tired. If I have to read the directions on how to enter more than once in order to make sure I did it all right, it suddenly becomes not worth it. I need simplification in my life. It's why I love Pioneer Woman's giveaways. Simple, straightforward, one entry per person. If only you didn't have to compete with 17,453 other entries...
So, three very random posts that make very little sense may show up in your reader from me today... maybe not. I tried to turn off feedburner when I posted them, and date them retroactively so you wouldn't get them, but now that feedburner is back on, it may still pull them in. See, I've added a link bar across the top of the page - About MommyJ, Best of Mommy Snark, Contact Me, that sort of thing. Those links had to, well, link to something, so I had to write posts to fulfill the need. So that's what they are. In case you wonder why I suddenly felt compelled to tell my readers about myself. If you didn't get them, the links are available at the top of my brand spankin' new blog design.
I'm very excited about it. It's been a long time work in progress because I, in my pregnantly indecisive state, can't hold an opinion for longer than five minutes. But my blog designer, the ever so talented Leelou has been very patient and accommodating. (You should click over and visit Leelou. She has free blog designs, blog design packages and all sorts of things to look at. It's worth the click.)What with a few other delays, her sick baby, a trip out of town, and other various and sundry aspects of life... the anticipation has been building! But now, drum roll, please... it's up. Yay! You'll have to tell me what you think. Unless you don't like it. Then I don't really want to know.
In other blog related news, I've had to enable word verification for my comments. I didn't want to do it. Like I said earlier, I like things to be simple. But the comment spam is getting annoying. If I thought you, my readers, wanted to know about cheap places to buy Via*gra, I'd research it and tell you myself.
In not blog related news, yesterday I was in Wal-Mart with Henry, when completely out of the blue, he looked at me and said, "Mommy, you so pitty!"
In one sentence he absolutely guaranteed my undying love for the rest of his existence. Not that it was ever actually a question, but good gracious, could my heart have melted any faster? It makes up for the time my oldest said, "Mom, are you really taking me to school wearing that? I don't mind going in late if I can wait for Dad to take me."
I don't know what his deal was... I mean, it wasn't exactly pajamas. And I was wearing a hat to cover my crazy bed head. I mean, what do these kids expect?