Thursday, August 26, 2010
Spinning Out of Control
Have you ever done it? Spinning?
Oh. My. Holy. Heck.
I don't think I'll be able to feel my bum for a week.
Running was getting old and with the older kids back in school, I'm free to leave the little ones in childcare at the local fitness center. So I went to a spinning class. Where I cried. And then I died. And then I cried some more.
The instructor? I want legs that look like hers. Which is why I WILL go back next week. Even though as a result of the class, walking up the stairs makes my legs bleed and scream with agony. Okay. Maybe there isn't really blood. And maybe the screaming is only in my head. But seriously people! It hurts!
And that is why I loved it. Because the more I hurt when I'm working out, the more I can eat as much Talenti's Belgium Milk Chocolate Gelato without a care in the world.
And really, THAT is what life is all about. Gelato. Lots and lots of Gelato. Oh! And cake bites from the Sweet Tooth Fairy. (Do they ship to North Carolina? Must research.) And butter and cream, in any and all sorts of dishes. Even hamburgers. I'm serious. Whipping cream in your hamburgers. Sinfully delicious. Just ask Pioneer Woman. It was her idea.
Speaking of exercise, my kids got a great work out when they hiked Mt. LeConte with their Dad at the beginning of August. Five miles to the top, an overnight stay at a primitive lodge, and then five miles back down the next day. (Josh and I made the trip without the kids a couple of years ago.) I want to show you pictures, but blogger is being temperamental and won't let me upload anything. So. Suffice it to say they worked hard and had fun and looked adorable doing it. Except for Henry and Ivy, whose legs are still a little short to hike that far. They stayed home with me and ate cream filled hamburgers and gelato. I know. We SO had the better time.
When blogger decides to get with the program, I'll post some pictures. Until then...
