Many months ago, I mentioned on the blog that I was still waiting to hear from publication company #1, to which I had submitted my manuscript. I mourned the agony of waiting for an answer, be it good or bad. Better to know SOMETHING than nothing, yes?
So, I published the post, and then three days later got my very first rejection letter. Marvelous.
Are you listening to me, karma? I've been waiting to hear back from publication company #2 since January. JANUARY, people! Some news would be nice, but this time, let's make it good news, shall we? It will be much more fun to blog about if it isn't another rejection. The book's been on my mind a lot lately because my life is finally starting to get back to a place where I can start writing seriously again.
See, most of my writing, besides blogging, is done in the wee hours of the morning when my children and husband are sleeping. When the house is finally quiet, I nestle onto the couch, dog on my feet and laptop propped on pillows in front of me. And I write. And write, and write. Often until two or three in the morning. Night after night this happens until my body screams, threatening sickness if I don't get a few good nights of sleep. So I catch up, sleep in, and then the process starts all over again.
But. This system that works surprisingly well for me does NOT work when pregnant. Or when getting up in the middle of the night to feed a baby more than once. But guess what?! I'm not pregnant anymore! And Ivy is sleeping all night (mostly). So.
Words and sentences and chapters are building up in my brain. They want to be written. I want to write them. We work well together, me and these words. The downside? Inevitably, I blog less when my brain is working on something bigger. I'll still be around though, here, there, everywhere, nowhere.
In other blogging news, THIS was a popcorn revolution for me. Seriously. I had NO idea and now vow to never, ever, EVER buy microwave popcorn again.
In totally unrelated to anything except music that I really, really love news, this song was playing in the delivery room when Ivy was born. I love it so very much. Give it a listen. You might just love it too!