Friday, January 28, 2011

Introducing: Chunky Bling (And a Giveaway!)

(And a discount code too!)

Let's have a party, shall we? I'm so happy to introduce you to Mommy Snark's newest supporter for Rising Star Outreach, Chunky Bling.

(Yes, yes. More jewelry. Is there a problem with that?)

Beaded Watches

So, here's how it started. Chunky Bling emailed me and said,"How about you become an affiliate?" Then I responded and said, "Hmmm, I have to love your jewelry first. If I don't love it, I won't do it." So then they said, "Give us a try." So I did. I picked out and purchased a watch, and guess what? I really do love it.

How does it work? First, you pick out an interchangeable watch band. Then, you pick out an interchangeable watch face that matches the band. (Or if you're fashion challenged, you pick out a beaded watch set they've already matched up for you.) Because they are all interchangeable, you could even get one watch face that goes with several different bands. Fun stuff, huh?

The bands are stretchy, and easily slip on and off your wrist, and the chunky beads that make up the bands are thoroughly fascinating to toddlers. (Perhaps the most relevant info of all.) I bought the dark chocolate band, with the whimsical face. I really do love it, though it's a bit bigger than what you'll typically see me wearing. I'm getting used to it though. It's a great complement to so many different outfits. They have several bands that are a little smaller, and a little more delicate. I look forward to trying one of those as well.

In addition to their watches, Chunky Bling also sells chunky bead bracelets, charm necklaces, and Swarovski rings. So, go and see!

If you feel so inclined to shop, please do so through the links in this post, or through the permanent ad in the sidebar. Want to know why? 15% of all sales that come through this blog will be donated directly to Rising Star Outreach to benefit sweet Karl. How fantastic is that? AND, through February 15th, you can use the discount code JENNY251 (cause Jenny is my name, yo) and get 15% off your entire order. 15% off for you, 15% sent to Karl. THIS is a good day, right?

Want to know what else makes this a good day? Chunky Bling has generously decided to let one of you, my dear readers, have your very own complete watch set (a band and face of your choice) for free! I love free. Especially when it's something lovely. So be off to pick out your jewelry, friends. Go here, to the Build your own Watch page, and then, are you ready for this, design your own watch. Ha! Bet you never saw that one coming. Then, come on back here and leave a comment letting me know what you love so you can be entered to win. I'll take comments through Friday, February 4th, then I'll pick a winner. I love winners. Giving stuff away is just fun.

Beaded Watches

One more thing... If you'd like to tell others about this little giveaway here on Mommy Snark, through your own blog, or on twitter, come and tell me about it in another comment, and you'll get an extra entry. You can also "Like" Chunky Bling on Facebook for another extra entry, and for ANOTHER entry (Are you tired yet? I'm tired) you can participate in the Name that Bling contest over at the Chunky Bling website. Then for heaven's sake, go take a nap. This giveaway stuff is hard work.

Note to Kimberly and my other Canadian readers (do I have other Canadian readers?): You can enter too!


*******