It's been a while since I've mentioned my friend Karl Marx. Karl is the little boy that Mommy Snark sponsors through Rising Star Outreach, a charitable organization based in India that works with the leprosy affected to improve quality of life through micro-lending and medical care, as well as break the cycle of poverty and struggle by educating the children of the leprosy affected, giving them opportunities that otherwise, they would never receive.
Phew.
That was a mouthful. (Saying it isn't nearly as difficult as accomplishing it. But these people? THEY. WORK. HARD.) I LOVE this organization. I am so touched by what they do and what they are able to accomplish. It is truly, truly remarkable and it makes my heart happy to be involved.
Know what else makes my heart happy? Getting things like this in the mail:
Be still my little Karl loving heart... (Can you read the words? Dear Jenny Snark, Mommy Snark blog... that's all of you too, you know. Just by reading, by visiting this little blog, you help a little too. You can always do more - the donation link in the sidebar allows you to donate directly to Rising star as a "friend of Mommy Snark". Minimum donation amount is $1, so it doesn't have to be much, if you ever feel so inclined. And I promise... it is 100% safe and secure and all used for good. I've done my research - communicated with this organization on a personal level. I wouldn't even suggest your involvement if I wasn't sure. My sponsorship goal is $30 a month, and we aren't quite there yet. So, think about it, pray about it, and if you can, give a little.)
Here in the states, the school year is almost over. My kids have finished a year of education payed for with tax dollars, in clean schools, with lunches and playgrounds and desks and libraries full of books. They take field trips to the Aquarium and the Zoo and Educational Learning Centers. They have so much. I am grateful - grateful and humbled by God's grace and bounty in my life. I feel so often that I ought to do more, give more, BE more. I'm not there yet - nowhere close, but Rising Star Outreach IS more. These kids? There lives are totally different because of what this organization accomplishes, and that makes me smile.
Want to know more? Visit Rising Star Outreach.
To learn more about Mommy Snark's sponsorship, click here: Blogging with Purpose
And finally, if you have an hour and want to watch something remarkable, watch this documentary that aired on BYU Television about how Rising Star Outreach came to be. BYU TV: Breaking the Curse
********
Pssst... Do you like Shabby Apple? Don't go anywhere. I get to give away one of their dresses very, very soon!

