Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Must Stop Talking

Okay, so Josh and I were tour guides at the LDS Atlanta Temple Open House, yes? Wait, that shouldn't be a question, because we were. I know this because I was there. So. We were. There. Are we clear?


As a part of our responsibilities, we led groups of thirty people or so through the temple, explaining each room, talking just a little bit about what temples are for, why we have temples, and so forth. At the end of each tour, we were asked to take just a moment and share our feelings about the eternal nature of families and how temples play a role in such families. 

It was at this moment on one particular tour, that my mouth, as it is often prone to do, did run amuck. That is, unless you consider it normal to tell a room full of families, including small children that your husband totally rocks your world. (Yes. I totally said the word totally. And the word rocks. And the words my world. I may have even closed my eyes and swooned a little.) I have no idea what came over me. And neither did the eight year old girl in the front row. 

And now, because one embarrassing story is never enough, today I hit on the local produce man. I didn't mean to, but in retrospect, I. TOTALLY. DID. Lets relive it, shall we?

Him: How are you today? Did you find everything you need?

Me: I did, thank you. I'm so glad to see you. It was a long and sad winter without you...

(I know. Who says this sort of thing to a produce man?!)

A whole bunch of other stuff was said here that was completely inconsequential to the conversation. Or, at least I think it was. All I know is the last thing I heard him say as he loaded my watermelon into the car had something to do with really wanting and needing someone to take care of him when he was old. How did we get here again? That's right. I was sad and lonely all winter without him...

Oh dear. I'm innocent, I tell you! I just really like fresh local produce and his flippin stand was closed all winter and that's all I meant and I really hope he finds someone but see, I already have this husband... who TOTALLY ROCKS MY WORLD. 

Must shut up in future. Must. Must. Must. Shut. Up.