So, I have this friend that writes books. Her name is Melanie Jacobson, and by all that I can gather from our delightful, but limited online only friendship (she lives in California, see, sorta far from North Carolina) she is one of the most productive authors I know. She's currently celebrating the release of her third novel, an impressive feat considering her many other responsibilities as a Mom and wife and normal person that has to do things like eat and shower. Whatever her secret, she's managed to turn out another novel that is sure to delight her fans.
Melanie is funny. She is entertaining. She is witty. These qualities? They definitely show through in her books. Her most recent novel, Twitterpated, was actually the first one she wrote, even though it was the third one her publishing company (which also happens to be my publishing company) released. That knowledge shouldn't diminish your expectations though. It's a book just as good as her first two and one that I think you will enjoy reading.
A little more info? Twitterpated is LDS Romantic Fiction. I consider Melanie's books dessert books. And I mean that in a most complimentary way. Good dessert is light, fluffy, and satisfying, and it makes you happy while your eating it. Likewise, Twitterpated is light, fluffy and satisfying and will make you happy while you read it. (Don't try and eat it though. That would be dumb.) I don't think that people should only read dessert books. Sometimes, it's good to venture into soul gripping, heart wrenching territory. But we all have moments when we want nothing more than to relax and indulge. Melanie's books are perfect for that.
Here's what you'll learn if you read the back cover:
Jessie Taylor is furious when her roommate secretly posts her picture on the dating website LDS Lookup — furious, that is, until she spends all night instant messaging Ben Bratton. Their first date is a smashing success (literally), but Ben’s overall awesomeness can’t save Jessie from having to deal with Craig, her competitive coworker. Jessie spends long office hours finishing projects and putting out fires, but while her performance wows her boss, it only makes Ben skittish— after a failed engagement to an up-and-coming lawyer, he’s not about to pair up with someone who’s married to her job. Will Jessie figure out how to be true to herself and take her big chance at love before it’s gone with a click of the mouse?
Intrigued yet? You can read the first chapter of the book, by clicking on this link:
First Chapter of Twitterpated
Or, you can go ahead and buy the book by clicking on these links:
Paperback copy of Twitterpated
Digital Copy of Twitterpated from Amazon
Or, the best option yet, simply leave a comment on this post, either via the facebook comment form below, or via the standard blogger comment form just below that--whatever makes you happy. By leaving a comment, you'll be entered to win your very own copy of Twitterpated. If your comment is extra nice, I may even convince Melanie to sign it for you. So. Read. Comment. Be happy.