Tonight as our family knelt together (except for me... kneeling is entirely too hard in my current massively pregnant state, so I get a pass and sit on the ottoman) for family prayer, Ivy decided that she wanted to pray for us. Now, remember she's not yet 2. Still, one is never too young to start praying, so I as she folded her arms, I whispered to her that I would help her.
And this is how it went:
Me: Dear... (waiting for her to repeat)
Ivy: Uh huh
Me: Heavenly Father...
Ivy: Uh huh
Me: Thank you for our family
Ivy: Uh huh...
Me: Thank you for Jesus...
Ivy: Uh huh... Amen.
Can we talk about how cute she is right now? Seriously people. She owns the market on two year old cuteness. Unless she's tired, and then, whoa buddy, you better watch out. But well rested? She's flippin adorable. She calls Josh and I Mom and Dad because that's what the older kids call us. It kind of makes me sad that I'm not Mommy anymore, but what's a Mom to do? I don't mind it so much when she pats me on the back and says, "Mom, be back back." That's her way of saying "Mom, I'll be right back."
Ivy has the same self assurance that her older brother Sam has. While Jordan and Lucy tend to be a bit more reserved when it comes to meeting new children, or interacting with others, Ivy is generally outgoing and quick to make friends with others. We go to the park and you hear her little voice all over the playground, "Mon..." she says, "Come play a me!" Or in grown up speak, "Come on, Come play with me!"
Know what else makes her happy? We have a dog named Blue. And more than anything in this world, Ivy loves Blues Clues. When we are all outside together, she'll search tirelessly for Blue's spotted bone, the one that just happens to have real honest to goodness paw print clues decorating each end.
You know, I still call her my baby? I realize that will change in a matter of days, but it's hard to think of her as anything else. Speaking of baby, I'm pretty sure he has a name. But I'm not gonna tell you what it is, because then, I'll change my mind again. Lucky for you, you only have to wait a week to find out!
********
Do you like good, clean, romantic fiction? Until Wednesday, you can still enter to win a copy of my good friend Melanie's lasted book release, Twitterpated. It's fun, it's spunky, it's a quick read you're sure to enjoy. And if you win... it's free! So here's the link if you missed it:
Win a copy of Twitterpated, by Melanie Jacobson