And today I will tell you something completely ridiculous about myself.
So, I collect blue jeans like some women collect shoes. I like shoes, but if I had a bunch of money to roll around in, I'd buy denim over footwear any day of the week. Ever been to The Buckle? OH, how that store sings to me. (Have an extra minute? You can read this post about shopping at The Buckle. It's nothing exciting. I wrote it. I vent about clothes. That's pretty much it. But it might make you giggle. So, you know, if you're in the mood... Big Bums and Fashion Statements)
Where was I? Ah, yes. I love blue jeans. I like to collect them. They make me happy. Naturally, I have some jeans that I love more than others. We all do, no? It's a magical experience when you find jeans that fit perfectly in every single way - that are comfortable and flattering, AT THE SAME TIME! It only seems reasonable that if those favorite jeans are clean and available in your closet, they would be the ones you reach for.
Unless, of course, you don't want to make your other less favored blue jeans feel bad. Then you might wear the ones you don't like just as often as the ones you DO like. Because all denim needs a chance! Because what is life for a pair of jeans that is left languishing day after day, unworn, unhappy, under appreciated? It isn't life, I say! It's... It's... It's really, really time for me to stop.
And so I did. Just recently, in fact. No more equal opportunity clothing wearing in this house! It's hard enough to go about my day with baby barf on one shoulder or a smear of ketchup on the other. The least I can do is wear a pair of blue jeans that make me feel like a million bucks. And so I do. I pick my favorites every single time. And you should too. Who cares if you wore them yesterday. If they make you feel the best, you should wear them again.
(Mostly because I'm pretty sure pants don't actually have feelings.)
And finally... if you haven't seen it yet, the Giveaway ends Friday, so if you're gonna enter, better be quick about it. If you aren't going to enter, remember that any shopping you do, through the links on this blog, will benefit our sponsored child, Karl. And as always, if you don't feel like shopping, you can always help Karl directly by clicking on the links on yon sidebar area. Only have a buck to spare? A buck goes a long way for this kid. I'd love it if you can help.
