Power of Moms is a great website that focuses on mothering intentionally. I like this website because it empowers mothers to take control of their time and mother on purpose. I know that when I'm busy, I often find myself going through the motions, ushering my kids through life without really noticing them. It's parenting, but it's parenting without connection. But it doesn't have to be that way. We can be deliberate in our mothering. And that's what Power of Moms is about. Right now, Power of Moms is running a Blog contest, to find the blogs that are worth the time of a deliberate mother. We all make choices about how we spend our time and what fills our feed readers. That's what this contest is about. Not about number of readers or paying advertisers, but about focus and inspiration and uplifting content. What blogs are most worth your time? You can nominate up to three of your favorites.
Power of Moms Blog Contest
(Really, truly, I don't want to ask you to nominate me. A contest like this deserves to be won by the blog that really DOES inspire and uplift mothers, not by the blogger that petitions the most votes. But... winners get to go to a Power of Moms retreat for free, which I would LOVE to do. So,if you'd like to, and you feel like this blog fits with the ideals that Power of Moms tries to embrace, I wouldn't mind if you DID nominate me. But only if you really like my blog. Is it okay for me to say that?)
In honor of Intentional Mothering, I thought I'd share a few posts that I've written about how I try and mother on purpose. Click and read, if you've got a minute.
Love Loans
Finding Joy in Mothering
It isn't Personal
Toddlers and Where they Take Us
Bothered with Love
Growing Grass and Children
Brush Strokes
*********
This post sponsored by Inspired by Faith, who supports Rising Star and my sweet friend Karl.